1. Arrive neither stuffed nor starved. I recommend a light meal 1-3 hours before the appointment.
2. Wear comfortable, loose clothing so that arms and legs below elbows and knees can be easily accessed. I also recommend bringing a blanket or big towel with you.
WHAT TO EXPECT
THE THERAPY CENTRE - READING
Upon arrival, ring the THERAPY buzzer. Maria will welcome you at the entrance. She will then walk with you to the treatment room.
THE HARLEY STREET FERTILITY CLINIC - LONDON
1. Upon arrival, ring the HSFC buzzer.
2. Check-in at the reception.
3. Wait for the receptionist to call your name. She will then provide you with instructions on how to reach the treatment room 'CRAFT' located at the 2nd floor.
You will have a consultation to discuss your main complaints and review your health history.
The initial consultation includes questions, taking pulses, observing your tongue, and if relevant to the diagnosis the palpation of specific channels and points. Also, I will discuss a course of treatment, what to expect, and I will answer to any questions you might have.
Follow-up treaments: a review of how the previous treatment went, follows up on any topic not covered, and answers to any questions that may have come up.
Once one the treatment couch, needles are generally placed on your arms and legs below the elbows and knees but they can also be placed elsewhere, such as head, ears, abdomen or back. All needles are sterile,non-toxic and single-use. The needle insertion is often painless. After the insertion you should feel a pinchy, dull ache, tingling sensation that is what in Chinese Medicine is called Qi. This is part of the treatment. I will try to make the treatment as comfortable as possible but some points and some patients can be more sensitive than others. If you are uncomfortable please let me know. After the needles are inserted, most patients enter a state of deep relaxation or they fall asleep.
After the needles are removed, take a moment getting up and putting on your clothes and shoes. I will then escort you to the reception area where you can drink a glass of water and schedule/pay for future appointments.
Many people report feeling relaxed after treatment.
You will be able to continue with all activities. Anyway avoid strenuous exercise, exhausting activities and alcohol for the next 24 hours after treatment.